Monday, May 20, 2013

Building a custom RAP Widget based on Select2

This weekend a started to play aorund with new new RAP API introduced in 2.0. It really looks promising.

I started off with the CKEditor Example and created a combo-replacement based on Select2.js. By the way I had more a fight with the select2 api (that I didn't know) than with the rap api thats quite straightforward. I could answer nearly all of my questions from the source.

It supports markup and (what I always miss on the standard combo) it has "clear selection". When you create it with SWT.MULTI it supports the cute Multiselect feature of select2.

Here's the example for those who want to try:

https://github.com/eiswind/xino.org/tree/master/de.eiswind.mango.widgets.select2

3 comments:

Tim Buschtöns said...

Always nice to see new RAP custom widgets :-D

Will you release this as a bundle? Then I would have something to link to other than this post.

Thomas Kratz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thomas Kratz said...

I udpated the post to the github repo. Thx Tim for helping me out with my bugs